Reply To: Purging: Something Every Girl Does Along the Way?

Dana Munson
SILVER

Great topic!  I responded “no”, simply because I don’t know that it is a “necessary” thing. As a few other girls have noted here, it can depend a lot on circumstances.  There are many who are merely crossdressers (no interest in actually transitioning) who “purge” either because of guilt issues or because someone (parents, girlfriend, wife) forced it.  I purged maybe 3 times during the years when I “thought” I was simply a crossdresser. Once – the very first time – was out of guilt . . . or at least as a result of my resolve to “be a MAN.” That lasted a few years, and then I was dressing again. The other purges were “forced”: once because of a move (no way to pack up and move the girl stuff) and once to ameliorate a conflict with my wife (she later sort of mellowed on the subject and I was able to somewhat resume dressing).  At the time of  the last purge, I was just starting to come to terms with my actual feelings of wanting to be a woman, not just dress up as one. That purge held for a number of years (grew a beard as a dissuasion from even wanting to dress). Lost the beard a few years ago (too much grey).  Now there is no need to worry about further purging – all the male clothes are gone, my wife and I are “best girlfriends,” and I am just under 2 weeks away from my name AND GENDER MARKER being legally changed (“Dana Renee” and an “F”) by a judge of the California Superior Court.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?