Reply To: Big Girls Don’t Cry

Dana Munson
SILVER

So, first off, I didn’t vote. The “poll” actually posed three different questions, not all of which could necessarily be responded to with the same “yes” or “no”.  That said . . .

Absolutely, showing emotion is a good, healthy thing. That whole macho  “bottle it up,” “keep it inside” attitude can lead to a lot of frustration and anger . . . which can get acted out in some not very pleasant ways.  Obviously, too, the other extreme – crying and emoting all the time – can get in the way of being able to lead a productive life.  There is a balance point between those extremes for each of us, and we need to find it and get comfortable with it.

As a guy, I would tear up at times when, for example, a song contained some truly touching lyrics. Or at an especially emotional scene in a movie.  I was a little self-conscious about that, but I didn’t feel it made me a wimp or anything negative. It just showed I wasn’t a stone cold rock.

Like some other girls, I welcome whatever emotional adventures await me when the doc finally begins administering the estradiol (or whatever). I’m legally female now and I will not mind one bit if some clod thinks I cry a bit too much.  🙂

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?