Reply To: New Girl!

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Roxanne:

Currently I hold office in 5 organizations and a member of 3 others. In all, DeeAnn in the person of record. The times when I don’t present as DeeAnn are quite rare. Anything having to do with repairs or maintenance for my car is done by Don. It tends to eliminate the problem of people thinking that they can attempt to take advantage of a woman. Yesterday I bought a new set of tires for my car and Don took care of that. When my wife and I got our first 2 rounds of vaccines Don was present. That avoided the issue of the nurses wondering why my driver’s license didn’t match my presentation. But, as I said, those situations are rare.

It means a lot to me to be present as a board member, chair and vice-chair of the groups for which I am involved. So many trans people struggle to survive day to day and have nothing left over mentally, physically and financially that would allow them to be involved on civic/public activities. I think it is also important that others know that they are dealing with someone from the trans community. It helps to combat the thought of “Out of sight, Out of mind”.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?