Reply To: It’s been Transgender Week of Awareness, how aware do we want to be?

Jasmine
MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Ill likely regret say what I am about to say cause I haven’t found the right answer though the answer is simple. You should be able to express yourself anyway you want!

I would love to include items that express who I am. But maybe why you wrote this post is you struggle with the same issue of wondering is it right to advertise who you are. And if you haven’t yet, is it cause you have the feeling that it would cause you negative attention.

And if your like me, do you wonder why you feel that way?

could it because the people who represent us haven’t fought the battle of equality with an outcome that makes us safe to be who we are

or is it that we acknowledge that we are not equal and who we are is upsetting the balance of a normal way of life for cis people.

I could go on and on with this, giving you all reasons why I don’t advertise I am trans, and its boils down to personal privacy for me. I don’t have time to fight a fight where it is one side and always in favor of the other persons beliefs, so respectfully I do not advertise, yet I accept that they can advertise how discriminatory they. Is it fair to me or you, NO, should I fight the fight, MAYBE, but the one thing that goes through my head and its not fair, can I be violently hurt, physically or emotionally? HIGH POSSIBILITY.

like I said, I will likely regret saying that I feel weak and cowardly at times. But so far I come home to my family safe cause I am cautious in an unfair world. I tell myself I am the bigger and stronger person than they are cause I respect the rights of everyone different from me as long as they don’t hurt me or my family.

I am going to break soon, cause maybe it is time to fight for our equality. I just know, I don’t think I represent the majority, and hardly a minority, but anything I say or how I represent as transgender no matter how quietly it done, is going to be loud. Am I ready for that? ALMOST, are ready for that? MAYBE

well thanks for the post Lauren, sorry about the rant.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?