Reply To: It’s been Transgender Week of Awareness, how aware do we want to be?

[postquote quote=134014]
Good question. Each of us does it on our own terms. I think If I were “out and about” as Laura, I would feel the way that you do, although I would rather that people just thought of me as a woman. Realistically, I would have a tough time passing and I hate that. I place a lot of importance on thinking and looking feminine. Maybe I have fallen into a trap and put too much emphasis on looks. Right now my sister and at least two of her friends know I am trans. My hope is that the next time I visit my sister I can socialize with her and her friends as Laura within the comfort and privacy of her home. I’m sure it would be fun to be one of the girls for an evening and that would give me encouragement to  take the next step. I don’t see myself though as becoming a trans-activist though.FWIW… I have been in counseling but am taking a break from it at the moment. My counselor suggested a book that I have ordered…. “Gender Euphoria”. I forget the author but you can find it on Amazon. I am looking forward to reading it and getting more of an insight into the experiences of other women like me.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?