Reply To: It’s been Transgender Week of Awareness, how aware do we want to be?

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

What you said is exactly what needs to happen. We have to embrace ourselves. If we cannot do that, sadly, life will be miserable. Further it sends a message to others. If we are war with ourselves and don’t respect ourselves, no one else will either.

Passing is an interesting thing. I’ve seen MANY postings on various forums about unhappiness because people feel that they don’t pass. It is one of those things where we can only do the best with what we have to work with. It is all we can do; short of surgery.

For me, on the negative side, I have Don’s voice, which used to be a tenor but now is sliding a bit towards baritone. At 73, I suspect the slide will continue. The other is damaged skin due to ~60 years of shaving. On the positive side, I know that I am put together better than MANY who are AFAB. The proof is the compliments that I get. We realize, as well as those who are AFAB, that very few of us actually turn out to be Halle Berry or Ann Hathaway or Penelope Cruz. That is the simple truth of it. The task is to learn to live within ourselves and effect change on that which is under our control.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?