Reply To: It’s been Transgender Week of Awareness, how aware do we want to be?

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

This past weekend, I attended 2 of the 4 nights of the Palm Springs Women’s Jazz Festival. I felt very relaxed when striking up conversations with unknown people who were sitting next to me.

Today my wife and I attended a fundraising event for the Palm Springs Air Museum called Props & Hops. They roll out some of the planes in one of the hangars to make space and bring in craft breweries. They give you a miniature stein that holds 3 or 4 ounces and you buy tickets. You trade a ticket for a sample of someone’s product. I initiated conversations with people I didn’t know while we were sipping our latest acquisition. I talked and laughed and had a good time.

In the context of this thread, in looking back on this, I wasn’t trying to be anything. Typically I don’t as it seems to require too much energy on my part. I tend to have a much better time just being myself and welcoming fellow travelers on our journey. We are more alike than we are different, but those differences are the things that we find interesting.

Be real, don’t be afraid to share your story, have fun and smile (a lot!!). While we don’t know how someone will process a piece of information, what we can guarantee is that we give them the truth…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?