Reply To: I am in a whirlwind of denial, and I need help.

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Amber:

I have 3 suggestions that could help your situation:

• Many here have found that working with a therapist is quite helpful. Make sure that you find someone with experience with gender issues. Not all therapists have this experience or interest. It is very difficult for us to remain focused on something that could cause great upheaval in our lives as our minds work to try to protect ourselves in this kind of situation. A therapist can help us maintain focus and thinking about the key issues.
  • Is there a local trans community to connect with? Being able to spend time with our peers is very helpful. It serves as a reminder to we are not alone and that others have, or had, the same issues. Many LGBT centers have been doing online support and social gatherings. This can remove issues concerning time and travel.
  • While you can wait for someone to contact you, it is probably better to look for other members near you. Click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?