Reply To: Dad learning to accept it

Dana Munson
SILVER

You are fortunate that your dad is open-minded enough to absorb your change and deal with it in a positive manner, even if he may not be thrilled about it. My own parents died many years ago.  They discovered my (then) crossdressing habit when I was a teenager, around 1969-70.  I loved them dearly (still do), but they were not terribly enlightened in their thinking.  They were products of their generation (Depression – WW2) and simply were not very progressive on social matters.  They were definitely upset by my dressing, and guilted me into — yes, you guessed it — purging and earnestly swearing off dressing.  Had they somehow managed to survive to behold my transition, I am inclined to think they would have rejected me.  Although, people can change over time and who can say for certain what their thinking might have been had they lived into the 21st century (with still-functional grey matter upstairs).

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?