Reply To: An Emphasis on Medicine

Rebecca
FREE

My feeling is that I simply want to be as feminine as is practicably possible for me. If that includes hormones or surgery, I would consider them with their drawbacks and risks as well as their advantages. I look at trans women on YouTube and I confess to envy, as some of them look and speak in a far more feminine manner than I have yet been able to achieve – not through want of trying. My desire to be feminine is deeply rooted but it does not destroy my ability to judge the pros and cons of surgical processes and of body-altering chemicals. Whether trans forums like this one should reduce the emphasis on these, I’m not sure: they have undoubtedly brought greater contentment to many people. Perhaps greater discussions on their disadvantages, and how to live without these very expensive processes, would be an improvement.

I would be interested to learn more about how transgender people in poorer countries (the Global South) live and how they feel about their bodies. Do they long for expensive surgeries and chemicals? I know that some countries such as Iran provide them more readily than here in the UK where they are now available almost entirely only to those with the money.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?