Reply To: An Emphasis on Medicine

Rachel
FREE

As I read the original post, it feels like the intent was not to launch into a discussion about the pros and cons of surgeries or hormone treatments. It feels like the intent was to have a discussion about the pressures we sometimes put on each other to have such treatments.

To that end, it seems right to point out that most transgender people never have any treatment at all. Are they “lesser”? Are they somehow not keeping up with the rest of us? Are they not just as trans, just as human, and just as different than the rest of us?

Moreover, I believe most trans people can find peace or happiness without such treatments. For many who do need medical assistance, they may only need a little bit and not “the whole enchilada”. Those are the lucky ones, the people who need less. The last thing I want to do as a transgender person is make another trans person feel like they need to do more just to earn respect or acceptance.

To all the trans people out there who haven’t had treatments, whether it’s because you simply don’t need anything or some other reason, I say this:

You are just as “transgender” as the rest of us, you have nothing to prove to anybody, and this was never some sort of race or competition.

I hope my trans sisters and brothers will not need as much treatment as some of us seem to push. I hope you’ll find peace through the path of the least medical intervention possible.

Good luck.

2 users thanked author for this post.

©2023 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.