Reply To: Newish member

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Jill:

Glad to have you with us! As always, there is strength in numbers.

You are one of 990 members here from Canada, but I don’t know how it breaks down by province. You can search the database by clicking on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

Are you a part of the trans community in your area? I think it speaks volumes when younger ones see us elders out in the world. It is validation and perhaps it says to them that if they can do this, so can I. As a result of the pandemic, many LGBT centers and organizations started doing online versions of their support and social groups. This has been a powerful tool in reducing isolation for those who don’t live near a metropolitan area.

I live in a town adjacent to Palm Springs, CA. Before we stopped meeting in public, I attended a weekly lesbian chat group at the LGBT center in Palm Springs. When we stopped meeting in public, which is still the case, women called in from Seattle, Nebraska, San Luis Obispo, western Michigan, Las Vegas and a few other places. The women have either vacationed here frequently, own a 2nd home here or are thinking of relocating here and they want to maintain ties with the area.

I see in your Profile (thanks for completing it, by the way!), you mentioned “racing”; as in Motorsports? I consider myself to be an omnivore. At the top of the food chain for me would be open wheel cars: IndyCars, Formula 1, supermodifieds, sprint cars, etc. but I also follow sports cars, stock cars and drag racing. I discovered Indy cars in 1957 at the age of 9 and F1 4 years later. I’ve driven a few race cars in my time, but not in competition. I’ve attended events of all sorts of disciplines all across the US since the 60’s. It is just what I do.

Anyway, I hope being here will be useful for your journey!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?