Reply To: Introduction

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Anna:

Glad you found us!

I looked at where Peru is located and it seems that you are in the middle of not much. As such, it can be difficult to get connected with the trans community. So, in order to maximize your situation, I suggest 4 things:

• Being here is a great start!
  • Check the member database to see if there are any other members who are relatively close. You can do this by clicking on Social in the menu above and then click on Member Directory.
  • Do an internet search for LGBT centers. As a result of the pandemic, many LGBT centers started doing support and social gatherings online. That’s a great way to address distance, transportation and scheduling issues. I participate of a weekly women’s chat group hosted by the LGBT center in Palm Springs. I live in the adjacent town of Cathedral City and we get women calling in from Riverside (the county seat), Las Vegas, Seattle, San Luis Obispo, western Michigan and Lincoln, NE along with residents from this area. The ones who live elsewhere want to maintain ties with the area as they may vacation here with some frequency, have a 2nd home here or are thinking of relocating here. Anyway, casting a broad net for other trans people may be helpful.
  • Also in the menu is Places. Members have passed along the names and information of various resources in their areas for medical help, makeovers, support groups, entertainment, etc. Have a look there to see what is available in Indiana.

Let us know how things develop for you.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?