Reply To: Hello Everyone – I’m Rachel

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

From what I’ve seen over the last 10 years or so is that MANY think the concept of being transgender is pretty simple. To me, this covers those outside of the community and many inside of the community. However, the reality is that there are many nuances and subtleties that a lot of folks don’t know about.

Coming out is one of those subtleties. We can’t just blurt out what we believe our sexuality or gender identity to be. Often all that does is lead to an argument. What is needed is conscious thought about how to present our story and how to explain our reactions to situations that have particular meaning for us, positively and negatively. For me, it relates to story telling in that we are providing bits of information along the way as we explain a situation. At the end, it all comes together such that the story, hopefully, makes sense. The reason that a fair degree of thought should go into this is that how can this make sense for someone else if it doesn’t make sense to us?

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?