Reply To: Hello all

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

MBee:

Glad that you found us. I hope that being here will be helpful to you.

As you are in the process of just beginning to come to grips with your gender identity, many here have found that working with a therapist is very helpful. But, one thing is important: every therapist is not necessarily well versed in gender issues so you would need to find someone who is.

One of the big issues in the community is isolation. This can happen for a variety of reasons. People can be afraid to venture out because they risk being seen by others that they know. They may be afraid of how they might be treated in public. They may not have found a social of support group. They may live in a small town and are nowhere close to a metropolitan area. But, being in contact with other members of the trans community reminds us that they are not alone and that others are in, or have been through, similar situation. As humans, we bond around things that we like or things that we have difficulty with. Either are powerful things that bring us together.

One of the few positive things that has happened as a result of the pandemic is that many LGBT centers around the country have started doing online social and support groups. This skirts many issues around scheduling, distance and logistics. I see that you live in Georgia, but you didn’t say which area. I suggest that you do a search for either transgender or LGBT resources in your area.

I encourage you to complete your Profile page. The members here are spread out all across the world. As such, it is unlikely that many of us will even meet more than a handful of other members, if that many. The information on the page can fill in some blanks and provide some insight as to what is happening for us. Your page will always be readily available and can be updated at any time.

You can search for other members in you area by clicking on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

Let us know how things are going for you!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?