Reply To: where am I?

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Jessica:

Glad to have you with us! I hope you like it here, and probably equally as important, I hope that it will help you as your journey unfolds.

It is pretty likely that there are many here in a similar situation as to what you describe. It is not uncommon. What you have decided to do is based on conscious thought and consideration. Personally, I think that is extremely important. The reason is that when we think about something, come to a conclusion and act upon that, all the time we are building ownership of that decision. We commit to a decision and move forward. What’s positive is the feeling that we are not just being swept alone by the tide. We are in control of what we do. I am reminded of that thought: “I can’t control what others think and do, but I can control what I think and do.”.

I see that you live in a relatively remote part of North Carolina. I spent most of 2012 in Wilmington. The previous company that I worked for has a plant in Laurinburg and I made a number of visits there in the 80’s. Unfortunately I never made it further up the coast as there is a lot of history there.

One of the things that is helpful for many is to get connected with the community. As a result of the pandemic, many LGBT centers started doing support and social groups online. This has been great for those who have transportation and scheduling issues, but it has also been very helpful for those who are not close to a metropolitan area.

Thanks for completing your Profile page! I often have to remind people to do this as it does have significance. Since it is unlikely that many of us will ever meet in person, it provides background information as to what our situations are, our difficulties, our goals, etc.

I encourage you to search for members who may live relatively close. Click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?