Reply To: Greetings from Michigan

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Natalie:

Glad that you found us and, for certain, you are among like minded folks.

I see that you are from Ypsilanti. I’m originally from Toledo although I left in 1990. Since then I’ve lived in Joliet IL, Corning NY and retired to Cathedral City CA. No gloves, winter coats and snow shovels!?!? Anyway, always good to have another Midwesterner in the house!

It is often an interesting thing about running out of excuses, as you put it. We often realize that we don’t have to invest energy in maintaining the facade and that we can direct that energy to much more useful purposes. As Des’ree sang in I Ain’t Movin’: “Time’s much too short to be livin’, somebody else’s life”.

You mentioned growing up poor. I would think that it’d isn’t that much different from the mindset of those who lived through the Depression. One of the things that can happen for trans women regarding clothing and other things is the buy-purge-buy-purge cycle. This is really counter productive to say nothing of expensive. Hopefully your thought processes about money will help to counteract that.

If you would like to search for other members in your area, click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

Are you currently connected with the trans community? It is a great way to ward off any feelings of isolation, which is sadly prevalent in our community. In response to the pandemic, many LGBT centers started doing support and social groups online. This is a great help if time, distance or transportation are issues. I suggest firing up your search engine of choice and see what’s out there!

Thanks for putting effort into your Profile page. It really helps other members to understand your situation better. Also, your page will always be readily available and can be update at any time.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?