Reply To: Introduction

Julie 
Participant

FREE

Hi Casey

I’m fairly new to this site too. I too began life as a gay man as I was not attracted to women at all but felt alienated my gay culture. It took me a while to realise that I was in fact transgender and not gay (in those days, the 1970s, transsexual as it was known then) when I went to Germany for a holiday and met some transwomen in Hamburg. That’s when the penny dropped and I finally discovered what, or who, I was. In those days transitioning was difficult and many barriers were put in my way so I resigned myself¬† to being unhappy for the rest of my life as I thought it would be impossible for me to become my true self but a few years ago I decided to research it online and realised I could still make that giant leap to become a new me so I went to see my doctor and got referred to a Gender Identity Clinic. I was put on hormone therapy, which included oestrogen and testosterone suppressants, and had facial hair removal, hair transplant, and now I’ve finally had full Vaginoplasty. I really didn’t think I would get there but at last at the age of 61 I am now a fully functioning attractive heterosexual woman, and now I’m in the summer of my life when only a few years ago all I had to look forward to was old age and death. I know that sounds morbid but that’s seriously how my mindset was in. You may not wish to go that far or even start on a new journey at all but anything can be achieved if you really want it enough. To think that I was so very nervous about going out in public dressed in female clothes and makeup, now I don’t even think twice about it as now it’s as natural as cleaning my teeth or brushing my hair. All the best Casey and DREAM BIG! Julie x

1 user thanked author for this post.

©2019Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account