Years ago a friend of mine told me that so often I took these ideas for granted. He was right I gave very little forethought as to how new in history these ideas are. Those ideas were also written for white, male, land, owners. I, as a transwoman, was not born with these rights at least not the year of my birth. I gave that up when I gave up my white male privilege the day I came out. I am so thankful for all who have lost their lives, freedom, families, home, and jobs in the struggle for me to have the same rights as everyone else.
Reply To: Wasn't I Born With These Rights?
Friday Night Chat Party!
New Forum Posts
- Reply To: My transition 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- Reply To: Hello, I'm Rue and I am new. And that rhymes! 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- Reply To: Eli , trans woman from Belgium , says Hi :) 7 hours, 46 minutes ago
- Orientation and preference 11 hours, 50 minutes ago
- Reply To: growing up in the beat culture in north beach 13 hours, 42 minutes ago