Reply To: What Should My Daughter Call Me?

Anonymous

I declined to vote, because none fitted with my feelings on this matter.
My daughter and son were both adults when I told them about myself.

Both call me Dad in private. When out with my daughter, so far has avoid callng me by my name and I’m ok with that. She is coming round to using my name and uses it on cards etc. The most touching was when we dined at a restaurant here in France during a brief visit. They had a wall where people wrote messages and she wrote our names with heart shape beside and dated 2020.

Perhaps it’s ambitious to think that a child can easily switch to using another name that’s unfamilar. Maybe a softer solution may be an option such as a nickname. Quite acceptable used anywhere. It can  a unisex style or anything else that works with everyone comfortable with it.

We all have different families with differing points of view. Any answer from above would be a generic one without knowing you or your family. It has to be a solution that sits well with you all. You could try to encourage your family to join you in a discussion, participating and contibuting towards the choice of name.

Good luck

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?