Reply To: What were you feeling when you began Hormone Replacement Therapy?

I was feeling excitement as well as a sense of unreality when I began HRT three years ago. Excited that I was finally doing it, but at the same time thinking “can it be possible that I am finally really doing this?” For so many years, decades really, I had convinced myself that transitioning wasn’t an option for me. Because of my size–6’4″, 250 lbs–I knew  I’d never be able to pass, so it took me until my early 60’s to summon up the courage to say “screw it–I’m doing it anyway”. What a relief to finally allow myself to really be me! When I first started noticing breast development it really felt surreal. Even now, I still look at my B cup breasts in the mirror sometimes and feel amazed that they are really there! Not to mention that I just love feeling and playing with them. I love how much softer my skin has become, but am disappointed that my facial hair, while thinner and slower to grow back, is still very much there, necessitating shaving every other day. Briefly tried electrolysis, just on my upper lip, but I couldn’t afford to keep it up. The full face would cost over $5,000. Still taking testosterone blockers, unfortunately. Was scheduled for an orchiectomy three weeks ago, but tested positive for covid ( although 100% asymptomatic) so surgery was cancelled. Need two negative test results before I can re-schedule.

The bottom line is, I do love what HRT has done for me and have never regretted it for even one second!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?