Reply To: Disconnecting From Male Or Female Mode…

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

[postquote quote=88722]

Yes, pockets are a funny thing. We don’t realize that the thought process behind the design of women’s clothing has some significant differences compared to male clothing. For women’s clothing, the silhouette is everything. No pockets removes the possibility of putting lumpy things in them. You wind up needing a handbag, but that’s a small price to pay. Conversely, men don’t like perpetually carrying things in their hands (irrespective of any sexist aspects regarding handbags)).

The size of pockets is another issue. I have average size hands, so many of the clothes that I have that do have pockets are too small. However, some are sized so small that and average woman would not fit in them either. To me they are 1 tissue size!?!?

I carry a cane when I leave home. The clothes that don’t have pockets presents a unique problem. It is what to do with my car keys (fob, in this case). I always lock my car and if I do have pockets, I just put the fob in a pocket. However, if I don’t have pockets I have to stop to put it in my purse. I don’t like fumbling with keys and purse in a parking lot as you never know who is watching. I could carry them in my hand, but that is a bit problematic as I have the cane, the purse and the fob. Opening a door can be a bit of a challenge as not everyplace has automatic doors even though we are closing in on 30 years since the ADA was passed…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?