Reply To: What Should My Daughter Call Me?

My daughter is 13 and calls me DAD. I’ll never be “mum” to my daughter. She had a mum who died when she was just 7 years old. I came out in May 2018 and I label myself as non-binary genderqueer.  I am not on any HRT and neither have I had electrolysis. I have not worn masculine clothes in the last couple of years, other than maybe a couple of t-shirts and shorts. I dress as a woman 99.9% of the time. My daughter doesn’t like me in a dress or a skirt but she doesn’t live with me either. What I do is wear jeans or leggings when I am with her. I still wear makeup and my clothes are still feminine. I respect her wishes to a certain extent. She wants me to look masculine but I don’t want to because I don’t really feel comfortable in masculine clothes. I don’t feel I want to be a cis-man. I’m not comfortable pretending to be what I am not but I am willing to make compromises for my daughter while she is still young.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?