Reply To: Living my Life

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Fear is an interesting concept in that it has a lot to do with our perceptions. It is also odd how bits of information gets visited upon us.

I have always been a motorsports fan going back to childhood. I’ve even had the opportunity to drive a few race cars, though not in competition. In that situation, what fear does is force you to live within yourself. Only through trial, error and repetition do you learn to expand those boundaries, if that something that you want to do.

But, the problem in daily living is that many things may not be within our direct control or not completely so. Then it becomes a matter of negotiating with yourself. Where is the dividing line between acceptable risk and unacceptable risk? We can never be risk-free, so it becomes a matter of understanding and determining where that crossover point is for us. In that respect, we are all different.

My wife has said on more than one occasion that I am the only person she knows who has to slow down to get on an expressway. Frankly that doesn’t bother me. My MINI will easily see 100mph before I get to the end of the ramp. On the other hand, going into a room of 80 or 90 people that I don’t know often causes at least a couple of potty breaks before I leave home.

The thing is, fear is a really odd concept in that it can help or hurt. It can cripple or liberate. The difference is in how we perceive it and how we use it…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?