Reply To: New here, Hi :) *Coming out*

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

All you can do is speak YOUR truth. That’s why it is so important to be proactive rather than be caught at something and doing damage control as that is essentially the only option.

Some things to think about:

Most people do not understand that gender is the same as sex. It is the mental vs the physical and that needs to be explained to people.

Use correct terminology. One thing that irks me is the phrase “sex change”. Much more appropriate to Affirmation Surgery as one is affirming their gender by, to some degree, bringing their body into alignment with it. Not saying that this is your plan, but the topic will likely come up.

However, a point to research: Some time back I heard that only about 1/3 of people eligible for affirmation actually go through with it. I don’t know what the number is now, but the reasons are: no insurance and can’t self-fund, can’t be away from work for ~6 weeks recovery time, poor medical risk for surgery and some just to want to undergo an invasive surgical procedure.

Be prepared to debunk a lot of incorrect assumptions.

It is NOT a choice. Note that about 6 years ago a group of people who founded or led ex-gay organizations wrote an open letter saying that they did more harm than good. Search for “9 ex-gay leaders”. Some of the organizations have since closed.

Good Luck!!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?