Reply To: Searching for a Peaceful and Positive Journey

Andrea Smith
BRONZE

So — I guess this will become a bit of a “blog” and I will continue posting here when I can/have the need to share my thoughts. I thank those of you in advance who take the time to read my “stream of consciousness…”

I have done some time “on the couch” as it were with a therapist and hand about 4 years of discussing a wide swath of topics including the one topic I felt I needed to address after years and years of just pushing it into a compartmentalized space. From when this started as a teen through my life, there has been a space for Andrea — different form the male version that is the “dominant” public person. Since I work from home, as I have for nearly 20 years, I have noticed a slow, steady shift towards choosing to present as a woman. It never mattered what I might be doing. It has become such a normal thing, that I am just going about the day — period. It is not fetishistic.

The time with my therapist was great. It got too expensive which is why I stopped. I felt like the topics we were discussing became “circular.” We never seemed to cross a further threshold. I am not sure if it was because I was not comfortable out of fear. But through the last 4 years out of therapy, and the clear increase in not only female presentation on the daily, but also beginning to go out into public while presenting female — I have been wondering for many weeks — should I re-engage a therapist? Perhaps this is not “gender fluid.” Perhaps its something else? I accept I am non-binary — i am way past that point. I think now — its about integrating what often I have felt is 2 lives into one. What physical form that takes — i am not sure.

So — I reached out to an online resource and am looking at re-engaging a therapist through the safety of the web in this Covid universe.

I hope I am taking a healthy, and “right” step here. Not wasting time, and dollars.

Andrea

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?