Reply To: Introduction Trace Ellis

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Hi:

Glad you found us and hope that you enjoy being here!

For 6 of the 8 years from 2004 to 2011 I worked in Taiwan. My wife would come over and spend 5 or 6 months of the year with me. In May of 2008 she had a bad bicycle accident that resulted in a spinal cord injury. She spent 6 1/2 months in hospital. We stayed in country for several months afterwards until she was well enough to travel. My medical coverage provided a caregiver until we came back to the US. By that time she was essentially able to take care of herself, but there were still many things that she couldn’t do, so I filled that gap for the better part of a year. It made a big difference when she was strong enough to be able to drive again. We had her car outfitted with hand controls and that sense of independence was very liberating. These days my role is essentially back to being the spouse. I am retired now so that has also taken some stress out of things. I don’t have to worry about being away due to traveling for work.

So, life goes on.

Best Wishes to you and your mother,

DeeAnn

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?