Reply To: Coffee!?!?

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

My wife does that. She sometimes drinks a bit of what I make but she usually does a hazelnut flavored instant coffee, sometimes with Bailey’s or Carolan’s.

For some reason, I am a purist about certain things. I don’t know why; it is just the way it is, I guess. That was part of the thought that led to grinding my own beans. Flavorings don’t do it for me either. In other realms, I’ve never owned a car with an automatic transmission. My MINI is a 2009 owned from new. It has only had hand washings or been through quarter car washes or no-touch car washes; never one of those flappy whatever’s. I only cook old fashioned oatmeal or grits (never instant or quick) as a breakfast cereal. We do not have cold cereals in the house. I only buy Basmati rice from India or Jasmine rice from Thailand as they are naturally Non-GMO.

A good friend and former co-worker pours out about half a cup of coffee and the rest is milk or creamer and sugar. Every now and then I would ask if he was having coffee with his cream and sugar. Definitely NOT a purist!!

Anyway, I guess it is part of my charm and quirkiness!?!? I just did a count. At the moment I have 7 varieties and one decaf. I don’t drink decaf. It is reserved for guests. Of those 7, 2 are name brands, one is a grocery store house brand and 4 are Starbuck’s variants. A few will continue to be part of the rotation and others will be replaced. The consistency of the process comes into play to aide understanding of whether or not it is a variety I like and would buy again. If the process consistency is all over the place, the flavor may be good, mediocre or whatever and you just can’t get a good read on it.

Speaking of Starbuck’s, they do a Christmas Blend every year that I like. The grocery store that I go to has an internal Starbuck’s installation. There was a Christmas Blend on sale the other day, but it was a flavored variety. Hopefully an unflavored variety will be along soon.

The various methods do feed my techie/gadgetie predisposition, but it is ultimately aimed at minimizing process inconsistency so that I am happy with a cup of a given variety every time…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?