Reply To: Take the T out of LGBTQ

Jamie Harris
Participant

FREE

Last year at a local public event in Dallas, I asked a question of the director of the Dallas Voice which is a LGBTQ newspaper. He along with other leaders of the Dallas LGB community were in attendance. They misinterpreted my question even though I explained in detail my suggestion.

He thought that I was suggesting that the T separate from LGBT which is what we are talking about here. Based on their answer I would completely agree with those that say that trans people do more for the LBG community than the other way around. As a disclaimer I will say that I have many friends in the LGB community and hold no animosity towards any of them; we would all just like to lead peaceful lives.

The LGB leaders concern was not for trans people and their difficulties and what the LGB community could do to help. They were concerned that any reduction in the size of the LGBT community would weaken the political strength of the group.  So in other words a reduction would weaken the political clout of the LGB community, but I can see nothing political wise that they are doing to try and help us. I suggest that the countries LGB leaders will do nothing to encourage trans people to organize and go off on their own.

We do have leaders in the trans community but many of them are just working state issues. I think that we need to become our own separate group and support and nominate national leaders.

©2020 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.