A few years back I added an American Express card with DeeAnn’s name on it. I didn’t view that as any particular milestone. It was basically to prevent double takes when paying for something. Other than car repairs, that card accounts for maybe 80% of my purchases.
I present as DeeAnn nearly all of the time these days. Therefore, that is that name that I have used for all of my personal involvements, such as:
- Community Liaison Officer, Great Auto of Yesteryear
- Steering Committee member, Desert Stonewall Democrats
- Society of Automotive Historians, member
- Commissioner, Cathedral City Public Arts Commission
- Volunteer Coordinator, Greater Palm Springs Pride
With the exception of the Desert Stonewall Democrats, and possibly the Society of Automotive Historians, I am the only trans person and quite possibly the first. Presenting as I feel I should and having people affirm that is a good feeling…