Reply To: Bringing your S/O along for the ride

Seren
FREE

Morning ladies, I hope you’re all keeping safe and happy 😃

A few months ago I thought of myself (as much as I gave it any thought at all) as a lifetime closet CD with a bit of a lingerie fetish. In March I came out to my wife as a CD (so far so good). Rather than calming my desires this has just opened up a growing flood of dysphoric feelings. I’m now 70-80% certain I want (need?) to start hormone therapy; the question is how do I bring my wife (partner of over 20 years) along? Also have any of you experienced an increase in your gender dysphoria after ‘coming out’? I read that this is quite common….

Seren:

I would suggest seeing a therapist with experience in gender issues as I think the situation requires being better than “70% to 80% certain”. Also I think professional will help with your partner in terms of creditability…

Thanks DeeAnn, I forgot to say that I’d started seeing a gender therapist quite early on, when I was still at the ‘I’m a CD’ stage. She’s been enormously helpful.

I’m totally on board with the ‘take it slow’ mantra; so far we’re doing ok. Buuut…. m also aware that the current situation is not a normal one, we’re not going out, or meeting up with friends/family. The longer I go only dressing as my true self the harder it will be to go back to pretending. What life looks like ‘after’ (for me/us) is the next difficult convo to have with her.

take care and stay safe

Seren xx

1 user thanked author for this post.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.