Reply To: Bringing your S/O along for the ride

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Ah, Very Good!

I think a therapist is an important part in what happens because the human mind will tell us all sorts of erroneous things in an attempt to minimize stress, but for us it is unavoidable as there are some major questions that have to be worked through.

I agree that these times are an aberration. This effects our thinking and casts a shadow over everything what we do. It also raises its own question in that would the decisions that you come to be the same in more normal circumstances. Sort of the gift that keeps on giving!

When I was in high school and college my grandmother would often remind me:

”Act in haste, repent at leisure.”

Something I’ve noticed on various crossdressing and trans forums that I’ve been on is impatience; particularly among younger ones. The text often goes something like:

”I don’t know what is wrong with me. It’s driving me crazy. I have to figure this out NOW!”

But, as we know, rushing through significant and potentially life-altering decisions is not a good thing. Complex ideas have to settle in; we have to get comfortable with them. If not, we’re just fooling ourselves.

Sometimes I remind people that it took XX number of years (ones current age) to get to this point (thinking about coming out and restructuring ones life). So the question is why does it have to be sorted next week? From what I remember, I don’t think that I’ve ever had an answer!?!?

Anyway, know that all of us wish you well as things progress!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?