Reply To: Question about MTF hormones

Hi, Michelle.  I’m 68, and started HRT the first week of September this year.  Considering that I am an HRT “noobie”, my experience is limited.  I’m sure some other women will respond also.

I have seen results from the meds, and all are what  my doctor and therapist said I should expect.  This includes some beginning  breast development, some changes in skin texture especially on my face (less oily, shrinking pores, some softening.  It seems like body hair is growing slower.  I find myself having more intense emotions at unexpected times and for unexpected reasons.

I haven’t had any noticeable side effects.  There is significant discomfort in my breasts; very tender, and sometimes flashes of pain if there is sudden pressure (for example, if my fur baby plops her head on my chest suddenly).  My doctor also told me to expect this for awhile.   T levels are down significantly, so sexual response is physically different.  At my last doctor’s appointment a month ago, she told me I was might on schedule and progressing well.

I don’t really know if my experience is typical or not.  I do know that I glad to have a doctor and therapist that engage and talk with me about expectations, and that they listen!   I wish you well on your journey, and hope you enjoy the ride.

Peace and love.      Carly

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?