Reply To: I’m new to this

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Similar to what gay people experience, it is a major hurdle when people realize that there is something different about them that is distinctly counter to what society expects them to be. Also, there is the potential upheaval to deal with concerning family, housing and employment to consider (speaking of adults here).

I liken it a bit to the surprise of being hit with a pie in the face. It is a rude awakening and now it becomes a matter of what does it all mean and what should happen next. For many this is all accompanied with fear and anxiety because it is a matter of individual discovery and every situation is unique. There is no cookbook kind of approach.

You are right to take things slowly. As my grandmother used to remind me: “Act in haste, repent at leisure.”. I think when we are dealing with major changes, time is needed to understand and internalize what is happening. That is not the work of a minute.

I’m sure that there are many here who have faced similar situations to what you mention. Do draw upon that knowledge and experience.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?