Reply To: Breast Augmentation By Implant for Beginners

Michelle Lawson
MANAGING AMBASSADOR

This is from another comment posted by Dr. Michelle Roughton at Amelia Aesthetics: This is a tough decision.  I have placed Sientra textured implants and I think there’s good reasoning behind doing so.  Essentially the risk of a second surgery is higher than the known risk of the ALCL (lymphoma occurring in capsules around textured devices).  Here’s the rub though and how I’m leaning at present…more and more cases of ALCL are arising.  We didn’t know to look for it until the last few years.  So more cases are being diagnosed which means the risk is ‘increasing’.  I think you’ll have to make the decision that helps you feel the most comfortable.  Risk a second surgery or risk a rare lymphoma.  I’m favoring smooth only implants these days myself.

As for me personally, I will have all of this information with me when I talk to my surgeon. She/he, will be the one that sees me specifically, and will be better situated to discuss the best path for me.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?