Reply To: New shy girl

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Emma:

The first thing is know that you are among friends. Many of us have been in exactly the same situation that you describe and that makes it easy to empathize. There are so many trans folks who live in isolated environments and don’t really have a sense of the community, so it is a great thing when they show up here.

In 2016 the Williams Institute at UCLA published a major study regarding figuring out how many trans people there are in the US. What they determined is that we represent about .6% of the population. That turns out to be about 2,000,000 people in rough numbers. Sometimes you will see 1,400,000 which I believe is adults and the difference between the 2 numbers being young people. The thing is, we are everywhere.

When I’ve done informational tables at events, a number of people have told me that they had never met a trans person before. Given the numbers, I suspect that they have but they didn’t know it.

Anyway, it is a very welcoming community. We work hard to keep negative influences out and that’s one of the things that makes this a good environment.

When you have a chance, please fill out your Profile page as best you can. It is really helpful for other members to get a sense of your journey.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?