Reply To: When did you start to suspect you needed to transition

Stacy Ann
SILVER

Just starting to come to terms with being transgender was a long, difficult road. There was a lot of confusion, a lot of denial, and more purges than I can count. Even the times when I resolved to try and accept it for good didn’t stick. I didn’t even really know what it meant to accept it. I had no real mental strategy except denial and repression for decades, so “accepting” it was almost entirely foreign to me. Around five years ago I started attending a local gender support group, but after a few months regressed and purged again.

Anyway, about two and a half years ago two things happened in my life related to being transgender. I don’t really want to go into detail about them, because I’m not proud of myself. But they made me realize that I had completely walled off this section of my identity and compartmentalized it in an unhealthy way. I just wasn’t being honest with myself if I didn’t try to make another serious effort to accept it on a positive level rather than ineffectively confronting it with negative approaches and repressing it.

So, I started researching online, found this site and another local support group, and have been working to mentally and socially transition.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?