Reply To: New way to transition

Emily Alt
UNITY

Informed consent has become more common in the last 10 years. It’s certainly opened doors for trans folks. Good news that PP has adopted it.

WPATH Standards of Care used to require a psychological evaluation before treatment. The latest edition published in 2012 recognized the informed consent model. But it retained a strong recommendation on the need for evaluation. If you were to go to a clinician that follows WPATH guidelines, a psychological evaluation might still be required.

Personally, I know exactly who I am and where I want to be. I still see a counselor. I know it’s beneficial. Some therapists I’ve seen have been better than others. But every one truly cared and wanted to help. I’d never characterize any of them as “money sucking”.

2 users thanked author for this post.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.