Reply To: Selling Off Some Items…

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

I’m of 2 minds about Poshmark. They seem to exercise very little influence over their vendors. So many do not include measurements with clothing items. They ignore the fact that there is no such thing as standard sizing in women’s clothing. Further, even if there was, how the designer intended for a garment to fit would come into play (traditional, bodycon, oversize, etc.). These days I tend to skip over items without measurements. I have to have a very strong interest in order to get me to ask for measurement. What strikes me as really stupid is that some people have LARGE amounts of items for sale and they would really have to dig out an item to measure. It would be SO MUCH simpler to measure an item when you first acquired it rather than after the fact. I have also seen questions go unanswered for the better part of a year even though the vendor had updated the entry. Poshmark also has a no-return policy unless something was misrepresented or damaged in shipment. Their search engine really sucks also. I will attempt to search specifically for pants in size 14 and get size 8 or 12 or 16 thrown in with it. I have complained about that maybe 3 times and it is still mostly useless. The thing that strikes me about Poshmark is that if I posted entries as I think they should be done and I am as responsive as I think I should be, I should sell better than the majority who post things and then forget about them.

I have purchased many items through Etsy. A much greater percentage of people include measurements in their listings and return policies are up to the individual vendor. Their search engine was much better, but lately it seems to be devolving. Etsy doesn’t seem to try to foster this idea of social connection. That is fine with me. Poshmark seems to be set on creating this network of “Poshers” which is of very little value to me.

Anyway, 2 very different experiences and my thoughts are based on ~6 years with Etsy and ~4 with Poshmark…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?