Reply To: Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all ♡

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Philip:

I’ll share a bit of insight about quitting cigarettes…
MANY years ago my kids came to me (they are now 45 and 39) and said that I needed to quite smoking because that had seen a video at school. It showed the inside of people’s lungs who were smokers and they were certain that I only had a few days to live. After that, I tried a couple of times, but it didn’t seem to work. Then, a few things came to me:

• I had to quit, quit. None of this easing into things because that isn’t how my personality works. Cold turkey was my only real option.
  • In order for me to quit, I had to do it for me and not because I was asked. I had to provide my own reasons. Quitting for someone else makes it very easy to blame someone when it doesn’t work out.
  • I needed a physical replacement, so I chose 2 things that I really like: cashews and butterscotch candies. I kept a bag of each at home and in my desk at work. It worked! Then I had to get out of the habit of having cashews and butterscotch candies, but that was pretty simple by comparison!

Anyway, Good Luck to you!

I’m glad the you had the conversation with your wife. Too many people don’t do that and things blow up (often literally) when the truth comes to light. Anyway, nothing about this path is easy, but as you’ll likely hear from many, it is survivable.

I suggest that you complete your Profile page when you have time. It goes a long way towards helping others understand your situation and how your progress in going. Also, you can update it at any time as things change. Regular posts cannot be edited shortly after that are created.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?