Reply To: Healing from FFS stories

Miss Cloé
MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Hi Dasia.  I don’t know where you are in your journey now, but thought I would answer anyway.  I had phase one of my FFS 2 months ago.  Your experience will vary depending on what procedures you have.

I had Type 3 forehead contour with brow lift and orbital rim shave.  I also had rhinoplasty to correct a 25 year old bad attempt at repairing an even earlier break.  I had a lip lift and also a mandible contour.  I left most of the soft tissue work for later as a way to minimize anesthesia time.

The forehead never really bothered me much other than the numbness.  The nose is still a work in progress as I need to massage it frequently to keep it from drifting back to the old position.  It could take up to 9 months for it to settle.  But, this is mainly because of the history.  The lip was kind of stiff closer to the nose for about 4 weeks.  I do wish I had finished electrolysis as there are a few hairs trying to come through the scar.  The jaw however is still achey and muscle control of the lower lip is still marginal.  I do see the swelling decreasing  and it seems slightly different every day.  For whatever reason the left jowl area is still visibly more swollen than the right.

All in all I’m very happy with having done this.  I was able to go back to my remote work job on day 11 post-op, but if I had an office job I may have wanted the full 2 weeks recommended at first.  I was pretty much independent by day 7, but definitely needed assistance the first 4 days.

Cloe

3 users thanked author for this post.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.