Reply To: A Little About Me. Annie Marie Potts

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Annie:

Glad to have you here! It does happen for some that dressing presents an opportunity to explore ones gender identity. It isn’t unusual, but I don’t think it is a large percentage.

Age is an interesting thing. I have read accounts of people having various affirmation surgeries and doing HRT who are 10 years older than you are, at least. In my case, I started dressing privately about 10 years ago. I started going to CD social and support gatherings 6 years ago. I am now 72. My social transition is essentially complete and since I retired and moved to the SoCal desert 5 years ago, I am known as DeeAnn. Probably fewer than 30 people here have ever met Don, whereas well over 300 have met DeeAnn. I have no plans for affirmation surgeries as, fortunately, I don’t have dysphoria. However, what I did realize that after many years was that I have always been this amalgam of female and male energies, perspectives and thought processes.

One thing I would caution you about is the term transgender”ed”. The implication is that something happened to make us transgender. and that is not the case. It is a part of us that has always been there just waiting to be discovered. In parallel, we don’t say gayed or lesbianed.

Thanks for being very thorough with your Profile page. I often have to remind new members to do that as it is quite an important document. It lets people know what your situation is and how things are going. It can also be updated at any time as things change. It is a living documents as opposed to regular posts which are static. You can’t edit regular posts shortly after they are submitted.

If you would like to search for other members from Ohio, click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?