Reply To: When you look in the mirror…

Hi, Alexis.   I’ve enjoyed your article and found your story extremely familiar in many ways.   I’m now about 18 months into this grand adventure, and really enjoying the ride.    Ahhh, the elusive mirror image….for me, that image was so familiar, greeting me each morning.  But oddly unsettling.

About 4 or 5 months ago, that image changed.   There I was, long hoped but never present, until that day.   The old familiar face and body was absent and there I was.  I recall looking for me carefully, evaluating changes in cheeks, chin, skin smoothness and complexion, all the signs I was told about as I began meds.  I couldn’t really judge fairly.   I quit examining myself for several weeks.   Then came the day I stepped out of the shower, patted my face and wrapped my hair in a towel, and began to apply my moistureizer.  And I was shocked.   I stood staring at a new image.   My face, arms, upper body, while familiar, was NOT the daily usual.   I was staring at Carly.   For the first time, I could see who I was without adding a thing.   Just me, looking back.

I’m still happy to have that girl in the mirror greet me each morning.  That odd, out of place feeling has evaporated, and I grow more and more accustomed to being me.  And over time, we are able to incorporate a “New normal” into our roadmap for life.  These changes often happen slowly and undetectable in the short run, then BAM…the “New normal” is simply life today.  At least, so it happened for me.

I wish you the very best, with an abundance or peace and love in your adventure.  You are one in a million, and a bright shining star.

Carly

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?