Reply To: Settling Into Our Lives…

Anonymous

Hi DeeAnn ,

When I transition in my early/late 20’s it was one awesome journey I must say . I really didn’t ID my self as transgender or even transsexual but as female . Even before I went for my surgery in 2005 and I still do . I present myself as female ,even on forums which now seem to have more options now for ID ‘ing your gender .

Never had any troubles blending in with cis-gender females or within society . Even with men which was a surprise . Living in a very conserv society and government ( Red Necks ) I had a lot of males friends which protected me . Even after being back on my hormones now , still blend in with society . I do think this is also based on your Attitude and how people perceive you . So I also made sure when I left the house I looked my best and sharply dressed to suit the powers at be . I still do to my hair and make-up everyday . I do get overwhelmed with compliments on my looks and my out look on life with questions as to who I’m .

I’m not part of the trans community in my area , this was a negative experience for me and an eye opener . I was dissed because of my looks , the males always hitting on me and few of the females . I have meet a few other individuals starting their journeys or on their way , but again I get dissed because I’m not part of the community . So I really don’t know if I ever will be involved in the community . This part still puzzles me , regular society expected me with open arms , while the trans community did not …

As for my life turning out or what I was expecting ….NO ! My plan was make the transition and live my life , continuing dating get married and have a wonderful life . I did not expect to get sexually assulted which had a huge negative impart on my life has turned it all up down . This left me in a state of just existing not having and emotions towards anything . Always in a mind state of numbness and I carried this for 13 years . Covid  has for me opened up feelings and emotions which I don’t want to face at all . However I have no choice but to confront them . For me I find this to be positive for over the past 2 and 1/2 months I’m finally regaining who I’m , rediscovering myself with a totally different mind set I starting to love myself again in ways I never did before .

In all though it really hasn’t been a better or worse . I’ve meet some fasinating people along my travels and adventures and now it’s time for a new chapter in my life start with many new adventures waiting to happen .

Terri-Alexis

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?