Reply To: Regrets?

Anonymous

I think the guarantee that I want is that if I end up sacrificing relationships.

Transitioning isn’t a test of you. Its a test of your friends and family.

Are you concerned that some of your friends and family will fail the test?

I won’t lie, they might fail.

You might also be surprised at who succeeds and who fails as well.

But if they do fail, then you didn’t “sacrifice” anything. You just discovered one of two things :

1. That friendship was 100% situational, and rather shallow as well. People grow apart. Its no loss!

2. Your “friend” was actually not a friend at all. Getting rid of their false friendship is actually a blessing.

Coincidentally, I did come across a Twitter thread last night on a very similar topic, and one reply really stood out to me. It was something along the lines of, “cis-people don’t ask themselves these questions.”

I don’t agree with that at all. Cis people have these “honesty dilemmas” all the time.

Only instead of “shocking revelations” about gender, they don’t know if they should spill the beans about something else involving reality.

Sexual orientaion, secret crushes, confronting people about bad behaviour etc.

Honesty can kill shallow friendships in an instant. But are shallow friendships worth much in the grand scheme of things?

No. Because they are very easy to replace!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?