Reply To: When you look in the mirror…

Question for those who are still early in their transition (i.e. mostly still presenting as male): do you find that you start seeing yourself differently?

I ask because I am basically still living as a male, and am just at the point where I’ve finally accepted that I am trans and am just taking some baby steps as I figure out the long term plan. But strangely, sometimes I look in the mirror, and it’s like I can see the woman there, even if I’m not presenting that way. To be clear, I haven’t started HRT.

Is that weird? Or is it a side effect of acceptance? Curious if anyone else has experienced something similar.

I have accepted that I am trans, but I’m a nervous wreck about surgery, hormones, clothing, makeup, hair, and God only knows what else!!!

Is it possible to accept yourself as transsexual and not do any of these?  I have a friend, and a partner that have been very helpful, but I can’t rely on them indefinitely.

Can I go through life looking like a man, but feeling like a woman?  I know inside that I am a woman. I don’t really care what other people think. I don’t want to go through the things I mention above just to make a statement to other people.  I can come here and hide behind an Avatar which represents  who I see inside.  Inside I am a vivacious young woman that is outgoing and fun.

💕Nicole

2 users thanked author for this post.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.