Reply To: Breast Augmentation By Implant for Beginners

Michelle Lawson
MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Surgical Concerns (pt 3)

PostOp Clothing:  after your recovery from surgery, your breasts and torso will be wrapped properly in order for you to return home and begin the healing process. Ensure that you have had a complete and detailed discussion with your surgical team so you know exactly which clothes you can transition to, and at what times. For example, you will probably want loose fitting tops with button down fronts so you do not have to raise your arms to get the top on or off. And if the tops are tight, that too may not be comfortable.

Bras are especially important. Some doctors do not want underwire bras used, while others are okay with it. You will need to have a size and style that provides the support your surgeon recommends, and that feels good on you. Your surgeon may recommend changing styles and sizes as the healing process progresses. The idea of being able to wear cute, sexy bras, is going to have to wait a bit I’m afraid.

<u>Comment1</u>: I was given 2 post op bras to wear 24/7 absolutely no underwire bra until the 6 week mark. I’m close to 5 months post op and still wear my post op bras most days just because I find them comfy.

<u>Comment2</u>: My surgeon actually says I have to wear underwire 24/7 at 3 weeks post op, which is in a week for me.

Cleaning: It is important to keep the incision area, and your body clean following surgery as you heal. But you are not going to be able to soak in a nice hot, bubble bath, filled tub. You will also need to have discussed in detail, what your surgeon recommends about showering and keeping the incision clean and dry. There may be specific soaps, lotions, and cleaning solutions the surgeon recommends. And how to properly wash your breasts as well should be fully understood. And as with the bath, you are probably not going to be able to stand under the hot water until you run the hot water heater to cold.

Incision: proper care and protection of the incision is vital to ensure infections do not occur. Be mindful of what things you should watch out for, and signs that your healing is progressing. No one like a scar, but be careful, and discuss the use of any over the counter creams or medications that you think will help either healing or lessen the appearance of scarring. And depending on what is placed on the incision before you leave the hospital or surgical suite, ensure that you fully understand how to take care of the tape or bandage that was used. And know what to look for in case there are issues with the tape or bandage.

Anesthesia: from what I have found, general anesthesia is used for breast augmentation surgery. While it is not for me, I won’t rule out that some surgeons, somewhere on the planet, use a local anesthetic. If you have ever been operated on, you should make sure you discuss with the surgeon any side effects  you encountered, and what was done to mitigate their risks. You should also discuss what may be needed for constipation after surgery, as this is common post-surgery, and as a result of any pain medications that may be prescribed.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?