Reply To: What were you feeling when you began Hormone Replacement Therapy?

Anonymous

Much like you Vanessa, I sat in the parking lot of the Dr. I was seeing 20 years ago awaiting my first shot. While the results early were wonderful, I had to abandon the journey, as my emotional well being seemed at stake. My children, ex wife, brothers and sister, and parents, were struggling and I couldn’t deal with the guilt.

I don’t think I understood the emotional toll my decisions would have on my family and subsequently how their struggles affected my mindset at the time.

20 years later there is a bit of a difference. My children are all grown. Been separated from my ex for seven years, and I’ve slowly owned my non-binary self while my brothers and sister have understood this is who I am and who I’ll always be.

My journey restarted not with some unknown dr who secretly worked with the trans population in a back door office, but with my family physician. Together we are charting a course with the first stop my new endocrinologist, who works with a number of trans individuals through my insurance. Seven days from tomorrow is our first appointment with blood tests in hand. It feels right and I feel right and excited. Giddy that while older, I’m finally truly living fully who I was meant to be.

That is a glorious feeling!🌅

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?