2022 Resolutions…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

As a group, I would imagine that our experiences in making New Year’s Resolutions mimics the population at large: some do, some don’t, some keep them, some struggle, etc. However, perhaps being transgender adds an additional facet to what we might do.

The questions are:

• What is your history with making resolutions? This relates to whether you do them or not.
      • If you have made resolutions in the past, how successful have you been?
      • If you have made resolutions in the past, or going forward, were any of them related to your status as a trans person?

So, for me:

• My history with making resolutions is hit and miss as best. It wasn’t something that my immediate family did when I was a child. As I grew up, I knew about the concept, but I had no real desire to do anything.
      • As an adult, I have made resolutions from time to time with minimal success; to the point where I have difficulty remembering any useful outcomes.
      • In the past, none of the few resolutions that I have made had anything to do with being a trans woman, but that is about to change. When I was growing up, and also later when my 1st wife and I were together, we rarely invited people to our house. I confess that I don’t know why this was. But, it began to change when my 2nd wife and I got together. We had cook-outs in warm weather and had meals indoors during cold weather. It was fun and we both enjoyed it. In more recent times my wife primarily uses a wheelchair for mobility and is hard of hearing. These days it is rare for her to go with me to various events and social functions. It is always necessary to check the accessibility of venues where we haven’t been and it is often a challenge for her to have conversations with others. Therefore, my 2022 Resolution (and the only one that I am going to make!), is to put more effort into inviting people to our home for meals, coffee and pastries or just to hang out. I would like her to get to know the people that I deal with in various organizations and hopefully they will be her friends as well.

To live the one life I’ve realized that I have 😎

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

That’s the 3rd part. What about the 1st or the 2nd?

Ok… History:

Most around me did, so it’s something I did every year.

Success:

Hit or miss.  Recent health scares (lol… including 🦠) have led me to make resolutions that have long term meaning for me… focusing on select items that have long grounded me.  Being trans will be incorporated into those goals… it’s part of who I am but doesn’t strictly define me.  Pursuing these things was delayed uncertainty regarding a level of openness regarding my trans identity.  I’m going to be totally be honest. I only have one life and being trans is undeniably part of that story.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?