A brief introduction

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello.   I’m Kim and I am transgender.   Like most of us, I knew something was different about me from a very young age, and like most of us, I came to believe that the difference had to be hidden and if possible denied.   Like most of us, the efforts to hide and deny repeatedly proved unsuccessful.   Not surprisingly, self loathing and frustration expressed themselves in adverse  consequences for my mental health and relationships with others.

Still, I feel fortunate to have enjoyed a good and reasonably long (so far), physically and productive life, including fine children, two long marriages, and many interesting professional experiences.   It seems that being transgender wasn’t a disability, a curse or a crime…it was and remains simply a fact of life…like my eye color.   I might have handled it better, but it is literally what it is.

I am now mostly retired and I live alone.   This allow me to live as a woman on a day to day basis, and present a male facade as circumstances demand or its convenient for me to do so.   I know this is something less than honest and open, but it is the choice I have made.

I look forward to meeting, sharing experiences and learning from you all.

Anonymous

Welcome Kim.

Anonymous

Hi, Kim.  Welcome to TGH.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?